Me and Libby...

I've had the chance to spend the past week toting my Kelly Moore Libby around everywhere with me, and put her through the major test last night at a big birthday party shoot.  Here is my follow up review:  The good, the bad, and the ugly... 


First off, here is my regular purse (minus all of the embarrassing garbage that usually is floating around in there) to show you exactly how unsafe it is for one of my beloved cameras to be sitting in there being subjected to such abuse.  Maybe someone could call Camera Protective Services on me?  Because of the current condition of my purse, I don't often have a camera with me and I am always missing out on images that I would love to shoot just for me.  

I miss shooting just for me sometimes. 


So, I've been taking Libby everywhere with me this past week.  I've had a gripped camera body in there with a 24-70 lens always attached, and an external flash.  Now, here is the low down on my thoughts about Libby: 

She is HUGE, in a good way.  I don't know if I want to carry this bag around every.single.day due to the sheer size, but I just might because I get more compliments on it than I have ever gotten on any other purse.  With all of the gear I have shoved in there for this testing week period, it also gets quite heavy.  On a day to day basis I would likely have an ungripped camera in there, and no flash.  

The front two pockets are great for business cards, makeup, and other odds & ends, but the zippers tear my hand up every single time I stick my hand in there. 

The bag is a man made material, and I think this is a huge plus.  I tote my bag everywhere, and drop it in all kinds of not great spots.  Like a sandy beach, a dry lake bed, or in an old ghost town.  I don't want to worry about what gets on my bag, or how it is going to affect the leather.

The two top handles are STIFF.  I don't really like how stiff they are right now.  I do think they will soften a bit over time and that will become a non issue.

The shoulder strap is super long, and I love love love it.  I like being able to adjust it to compensate for how much gear I am lugging around.  


The bag actually fits my legal sized client files!  WOW!  Huge plus for me.  





For last night's shoot I carried 3 flashes, one gripped body, one ungripped body, three lenses, batteries, flash triggers, and all of the good stuff that I usually carry in my purse too.  It was a tight squeeze, but that type of load is a tall order for any bag.  It was easy to carry with the shoulder strap across my body in a messenger style.

All in all I give the bag a huge thumbs up.  I bought this bag online, without ever seeing one in person, and I was worried that I wouldn't like it as much as I was hoping to.  Thankfully, I have not had that problem.  I am glad that I bought this bag, and hope to use and love it for years to come.  



If you would like to purchase your own Kelly Moore bag, click here  and support 28 Sunflowers while you are at it, we are a Kelly Moore affiliate.  Kelly Moore has not donated or provided me with this bag for review.  I purchased it because I love it so, and wanted to share it with everyone! 

XOXO
    

Comments

  1. I wouldn't mind having a Libby....maybe one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. One last follow up..... I had to tote Libby through a Las Vegas club last night for the last part of a two day birthday shoot, and she kept all of my gear safe and sound while I shoved myself through the masses...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being from Vegas..that is awesome to hear!!! I am saving up for one :) I'm glad it can withstand the club scene lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renea, you will not be disappointed when you get your bag!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Portrait Masters Competition | 2018

2013 Christmas Super Mini Sessions | Boulder City Photographer | Boulder City Portrait Studio